Monday, May 17, 2010

Unread Book Challenge: Voter's Choice

The voting ended last week for the book I would read after I finished The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly (which I adored), and the winning book was . . . Pride and Prejudice.



I bought Pride and Prejudice about five years ago and had started reading it, but I put it down after the first 60 pages because I just couldn't get into it. I didn't get rid of the book, though, and I was determined that someday I would read it. I Netflixed the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice last summer and enjoyed it so much that it renewed my determination to read the book. This challenge provided just what I needed to force myself to pick it up and try again. I'm currently about 100 pages into the novel and, despite my typically modern tastes in books, am enjoying it.

So a big thank you is due to the readers who voted for Pride and Prejudice and gave me reason to sit down and try reading a classic. :)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment